The Steel Team's primary services are geared toward helping our friends and clients buy and sell single family homes, condos, townhomes, and patio homes. We LOVE aiding our friends and clients every step of the way. But if you aren't quite ready to purchase a home, we can help you find a home to rent as well.
Barbara Riskey has had the pleasure of working with several clients as an Exclusive Tenant's Agent in their rental searches and thoroughly enjoys the process. Before we begin your search, you will want to be prepared with a few rental essentials, however.
- Your credit score should be above 650
- You'll need proof of employment, making 3 times the anticipated monthly rent.
- A recommendation from a previous landlord is a big plus.
- You will enjoy having a personalized tenant's agent throughout the entire process for a one-time $330 retainer.
- Tenant's Agent: A tenant’s agent works solely on behalf of the tenant to promote the interests of the tenant with the utmost good faith, loyalty and fidelity. The agent negotiates on behalf of and acts as an advocate for the tenant. The tenant’s agent must disclose to potential landlords all adverse material facts actually known by the tenant’s agent, including the tenant’s financial ability to perform the terms of the transaction and, if a residential property, whether the tenant intends to occupy the property. A separate written tenant agency agreement is required which sets forth the duties and obligations of the broker and the tenant.
It is satisfying to see clients-turned-friends happily settled into their new homes, whether they rent or buy. And who knows? Perhaps one day, they will need to buy in the area. Hopefully, if we have served them well, they'll trust us with their home buying experience too!
For questions or more information about finding a home to rent in the Colorado Springs area, call Barb at 920-203-2426 or email Barb@SteelTeamProperties.com.